Since December 31st of 2019 the world has been in an emergency state at all times, because of the pandemic. All sorts of traveling be it airplanes, trains or by car was stopped for the protection of the people.
Because of this a lot of people who were on various kinds of visa like travel visa, visiting visa or residence visa had to stay put in the countries they were in. When a person over stays in a country with these kinds of visa there maybe a fine for this. In these cases you may be wondering how to check your visa overstay fine.
When it comes to UAE, they provide you with a grace period of 30 days without any overstay fine. Later on if the stay extends and you haven’t extended your visa, your visa will be canceled and the following fines are imposed:
Overstay fine in UAE for cancelled visa/ residence visa 2021:
Tourist and Visiting Visa holders Fine
- AED 200/- for the first day of overstay.
- AED 100/- each consecutive day.
- AED 100/- as service fees.
Residence Visa Holders Fine
- AED 125/- for the first day.
- AED 25/- for each subsequent day.
- AED 50/- per day after six months of overstaying.
- AED 100/- per day after one year of overstaying.
If you are a person who has been staying in UAE past your visa expiry date that is your visa has been canceled and wants to check if you have any fine, here are the simple steps and a video reference on how to check the fine for overstay using passport number or without passport number, so that you can do it by yourself without any doubts or confusions.
How to check overstay fine in UAE for visit visa, residence visa 2020/2021.
Documents/Information required for checking the fine:
- Residence Visa Copy or Residence Visa File number.
- Date of Birth
Here is the video link to understand how these procedures can be done:
Steps to checking overstay fine:
- Search for the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website or ica smart services.
2. Click on the Public Services option under which will be available ones you click on the 4 lines at the top of the screen.
3. Later you can see many windows one of which is named ‘Fines – Pay Fines – Violations of Entry Permissions or Residences – Pay New Fine’. This is the window which is going to help you in checking your fines. In the window you have to click the option of ‘Start Service’.
4. After you open that window you will have three procedures to complete:
- Request Information
- Review Application
- Application fees
You only have to fill the Request Information step in order to understand if you have any fine. After this you can scroll down to see your number of overstayed days and fine.
If in any case you are given an overstay fine, then please proceed to complete the next two steps in order to pay the fine that has been imposed on you.
You can understand this by looking at the file status in the file information which can be found at the very bottom of the page in the smart service window. If the file status is active then you probably won’t have any overstay fine but if it’s not active then you are more likely to have fines.
The above given processes may have slight changes overtime but in general it is a very easy process to check and pay the fines for your overstay in UAE.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!