The IT Support Engineer will provide effective IT support across all aspects of the business and provide backup and support to the Network Manager. The role holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the servers, desktops and mobile computing devices plus general maintenance of all IT related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT related projects and activities.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
* Provide 1st/2nd line support for all server, desktop and mobile devices.
* Diagnose and resolve technical issues locally and remotely.
* Escalate IT issues to the Network Manager where necessary.
* Set-up and configuration of laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
* Installation of authorised software on all device types.
* Ensuring security patches and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on all devices.
* Antivirus installation and maintenance across all devices.
* Completing internal user moves including phones and patching of network cables.
* Ensuring all software licenses are recorded and maintained.
* Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained in the Asset Management system.
* Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes.
* Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements.
* Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation.
* Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Network Manager.
* Work extra hours to meet deadlines or travelling to other Group locations, as required and where reasonable.
* Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters.
* Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all customers.
* At least 3 years experience of IT Technical Support.
* Must have a valid UAE driving license and own transportation.
* Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
* Cooperate, collaborate and innovate.
* Experience with both Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
* Networking experience (LAN/WAN and/or other).
* Familiarity with IT practices in a data centre.